- PhD (Agriculture) – University of Zimbabwe (Split study program UZ and Denmark)
- MSc (Agriculture) – University of Zimbabwe
- BSc (Agriculture) – University of Zimbabwe
- Nobel Peace Prize certificate for contributing to the IPCC Nobel Peace award
- An Academia, professional Agriculturalist and development practitioner with over 40 years’ experience in Academic sector, Public sector, NGO sector.
He worked as the Managing Director of Jumbo Sustainable Development (JSD), after having worked in Plan International for 15 years in various positions such as Food Security and Poverty Alleviation Advisor (FS&PA), Household and Economic Security (HES) Advisor (Dec 2001 – Sept 2009) and as Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Manager (MER) (Oct 2009 – De 2016). Having worked in Plan, he is an expert in livelihoods, food and income security programming and managing market based system approaches particularly for smallholder communities. He has wide experience in research, monitoring and evaluation approaches and participatory methodologies. He is conversant in mainstreaming cross cutting issues such as gender equality, HIV&AIDS, Child protection and Environmental management in agriculture and development.
Prior to joining Plan International, he worked for 20 years in various positions as the Director of Henderson Research Institute of Agriculture, Chief Research officer on the Market Oriented Small Holder Dairy sector, Principal Agricultural Technical officer, and Regional agricultural and extension officer. He also worked as Principal Research Officer in collaboration with Natural Resources Institute (UK) and Global Livestock Enterprise (USA) under the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) of the United Nations Environment Program. The IPCC was awarded the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize on Climate Change together with Bartholomew being awarded a Nobel Peace Prize certificate for contributing to the IPCC Nobel Peace award. He worked as a Research Fellow at the International livestock Research Institute (ILRI-Nairobi) and at the Research Centre-Foulum, Copenhagen (Denmark) and as part time lecturer at University of Zimbabwe (ZOU) and University of Science and Technology, teaching and supervising undergraduate and post graduate students in agriculture and development studies.
He has a strong research background with over 30 publications and a chapter in a book entitled “Livestock and Wealth Creation – Improving the husbandry of livestock kept by resource poor farmers” published at Nottingham, University Press 2005 – DFID and Livestock Production Program
He is motivated to participate in Agriculture particularly in Livestock programs at Solusi University because of the passion to impart vast experience, knowledge and skills in integrating livestock agricultural development through students. He has the required experience in the agricultural industry of Zimbabwe and believes that his experience will add value to Solusi’s success in in the Agricultural livestock program.
PhD – Agriculture
University of Zimbabwe (Split study program UZ and Denmark)
MSc – Agriculture
University of Zimbabwe
BSc – Agriculture
University of Zimbabwe
August 2018 – to date: Dean. Faculty of Agriculture & Extension
2017 January – to July 2018: Managing Director, Jumbo Sustainable Development P/L
2009 Oct–Dec 2016: Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Manager PLAN Zimbabwe.
2001 Dec – 2009 Sept: Food Security and Poverty Alleviation Advisor/Household & Economic Security Advisor. PLAN Zimbabwe
1992 Jan – 2001 Nov: Director of Institute – Henderson Research Institute.
1990 Jan – 1991 Dec: Principal Research Officer. Department of Research & Specialist Services
1987 June – 1989 Dec: Principal Technical Specialist. Dept of Agric Technical. & Ext. Service
1983 March – 1987 May: Regional Agric Officer. Dept of Agric Tech & Extension Services
2009 – 2015: Part time Tutor– National University of Science and Technology (NUST)
1991 – 1999: Part time Tutor – University of Zimbabwe / Zimbabwe Open University
- Juliet H.; Mupeta B.; Bishop A.; Hogan E.; January 2016. Gender Equality and change study in Chipinge and Chiredzi districts. www.planapps.org, Planet. Programme Library
- Mupeta B; Pfupajena. P; Mukwishu. G; Chibanda. D; Chindalo. W; May 2015. Viability of Savings and Lending (Initiative to reducefamily financial barriers towards girls’ education) in Chipinge, Chiredzi and Mwenezi districts in Zimbabwe. www.planapps.org, Planet. Programme Library
- Mupeta B.; Muguse. A; December 2014. Gift of hope -Building livelihoods through value addition in Mutare district. End of term evaluation. www.planapps.org, Planet. Programme Library
- Mupeta B., Muguse. A.; Mujuru M., Mukwishu G., Chirima W., September 2014. Enhanced Access to Justice Delivery System in Chiredzi and Mutasa districts in Zimbabwe. GNO funded baseline research. www.planapps.org, Planet. Programme Library
- Mupeta B., Dube N., N., Mapuvire C., Makaruse T., Jan 2014. Responsive Approaches to child marriages in Zimbabwe – Mutoko, Kwekwe and Bulawayo districts. CNO funded baseline research. www.planapps.org, Planet. Programme Library
- Mupeta B., Makaruse T., Dube N., Mapuvire C., Masengu W., Ncube M., September 2013. Promoting Safety in Schools through child centred disaster risk reduction. NORAD funded baseline research
- Mupeta B., Muguse, A., Muza. W., July 2013. Girls Empowerment in Epworth urban area of Zimbabwe. DNO funded end of term evaluation. www.planapps.org, Planet. Programme Library
- Mupeta B., Ncube A., Makaruse T., Mujuru M., and Muza W., March 2013. Sustainable school feeding program; alleviate short-term hunger among school boys and girls in Zimbabwe – Mutare, Mwenezi and Tsholotsho districts. CNO funded baseline research. www.planapps.org, Planet Programme Library
- Sande S., Jagals P., Mupeta B. and Chadambura A. An investigation of the use of rectangular insecticide-treated nets for malaria control in Chipinge district, Zimbabwe. Pan African Medical Journal 13, 5, 06/09/2012
- Mupeta B., Mukwishu G., Davison C., Tinonestsana R., Nengomasha W., Feb. 2012. Building Skills for Life for Adolescent Girls’ Programme in Zimbabwe – Baseline Report “Girls access to lower secondary education in Zimbabwe” DFID PPA2-funded. www.planapps.org, Planet. Programme Library
- Mupeta B., Mujuru M. Dube N., Mukwishu G and Makaruse T. May 2012. Children affected by HIV & AIDS, “A Circle of Hope” in Mutare and Mutasa districts. Mid-Term evaluation. www.planapps.org, Planet. Programme Library
- Mupeta B., Mujuru M. and Dube N. February 2012. Community Based Rehabilitation of Children with Disabilities in Kwekwe and Tsholotsho. End of Term Evaluation. www.planapps.org, Planet. Programme Library
- Mupeta, B. Makaruse, T. Mujuru, M. Dube, N. Mukwishu, G. Feb 2011. The socio-economic and health status of children and young people in Epworth – A rapid assessment studies. www.planapps.org, Planet. Programme Library
- Mupeta B. Charumbira, M. and Shonhai, F. Oct/Nov 2010. Food security and water initiative. Australia Government Aid Program – Baseline studies. www.planapps.org, Planet. Programme Library
- Mupeta, B. and Shonhai F. 2010. Poultry production in Chiredzi district. A Rapid assessment study April 2010. www.planapps.org, Planet. Programme Library
- Mupeta, B. and Charumbira, M. June 2009. Food Security and Poverty Reduction in Mutare and Tsholotsho districts. European Commission funded – Mid Term Evaluation . www.planapps.org, Planet. Programme Library
- Mupeta, B.1997. Household Economic Assessment: COGENHA livelihoods enhancement program – Oxfam Australia.
- Mupeta, B and Mkamanga, G. 2005. Enabling Rural Innovation: Community Seed Multiplication. Plan Malawi, CIAT and DARS Collaboration, End of Term Evaluation
- Mupeta B, R. Coker and E Zaranyika,2004. The utilization of low-fibre sunflower residue in the diet of hybrid and village chickens kept in pens and on free-range. In: Small stock in development. Proceedings of a workshop to enhance the contribution of small livestock to the livelihoods of resource-poor communities. Masaka, Uganda, 15 – 19 November 2004.
- Mupeta, B.; and Guwila, P. 2004. Market Economic Development analysis: A report on baseline study for Mutasa East. NLNO project ZWE0036
- Mupeta, B., Musa, A and Mashumba, S. and 2004. Reducing Community Vulnerability to HIV/AIDS. Baseline study for Chipinge and Chiredzi, Zimbabwe. AUsAID project.
- Mupeta, B. and Mapingure, T. 2003: Household Economy food security and poverty alleviation analysis: NLNO project. ZWE0036.
- Mupeta, B., Coker, R. and Zaranyika. E. 2003. The use of oilseed cake from smallholder processing operations for inclusion in rations for poultry production. Women empowerment. DFID project: 7524 (ZB0216 ZC0144)
- Mupeta, B. Wood, J. Mandonga, F. and Mhlanga, J. 2002. A comparison of the performance of village chickens, under improved feed management, with the performance of hybrid chickens in tropical Zimbabwe. DFID project: 7524 (ZB0216 ZC0144)
- Mupeta, B., Livingstone. R, Westberg, H and Hama, M. 2000. The effects of ram press sunflower cake (Helianthus annus) on milk yield and composition and methane production in crossbred cows fed a mixed maize straw-groundnut tops-sunflower head basal feed. In: Proceedings of Second International Conference Methane mitigation. Novosibirsk, Russia June 18-23, 2000. Pp 145-152.
- Mupeta, B. 1999. Studies on the potential of ram press sunflower cake (Helianthus anus) as a source of protein for moderate milk production in crossbred (Bos Taurus x Bos indicus) cows in the smallholder dairy sector of Zimbabwe. PhD thesis. University of Zimbabwe, Harare. Zimbabwe.
- Mupeta, B., Topps, J. H., Hvelplund. T and Thorpe, W. 1999. The degradation in the rumen and intestinal digestibility of starch in cereal grains grown in Temperate and Tropical areas. Animal Feed Science and Technology 65. 156 – 164.
- Mupeta, B., Topps, J.H. Thorpe, W and Weisbjerg. M.R. 1999. Characterising the nutritive value of farm produced crop and crop by-residues for ruminant dairy feeds evaluated by the mobile bag technique.
- Mupeta, B., Weisbjerg, M. R., Hvelplund, T. and Madsen, J. 1997. Digestibility of amino acids in protein rich tropical feeds for ruminants estimated with the mobile bag technique.Animal Feed Science and Technology 69. 271- 280.
- Ndlovu. L.R. and Mupeta B. 1996. Effects of feed intake and work on some blood metabolites in Mashona draught oxen fed a grass-legume diet. Trop. Agric. (Trinidad) Vol. 73 No.2 April 1996.
- Mupeta, B. 1995. Evaluation of home grown crops and crop by-products as source of protein in dairy diets measured by in sacco and Mobile Bag Technique. Annual Conference, Division of Livestock and Pasture, Department of Research and Specialist Services, 17-19 October 1995. Marondera.
- Mupeta, B. 1995. Smallholder dairying, an innovation to technological improvement: Proceedings of the Technology Development and Transfer (TDT) Collaborators Workshop. US Agency for International Conference. Harare 24-27 January 1995.
- Mupeta, B. 1995. The impact of smallholder dairying in Rural Development -Zimbabwe experience. Proceedings of a Workshop held at Harare 9-31 January 1995. New perspective on Agricultural innovation in Zimbabwe.
- Mupeta, B. 1994. The viability of Smallholder dairying in Zimbabwe Nharira experience. Paper prepared for a Symposium on integrated Livestock/Crop production Systems in the Small Scale and Communal farming sectors. 26-28 January 1994. University of Zimbabwe.
- Mupeta, B. 1993. Milk production from the Smallholder Farming sector of Zimbabwe. Paper presented at the Workshop. Constraints to improved Dairy production and related systems in Rural Areas 16-17 September 1993 University of Zimbabwe. Harare.